Rachel currently lives in the fantastic city of Wellington. As a child she was always passionate about drawing and preferred it above most things. Though Rachel is self taught in the ways of illustration she did obtain a Degree in Computer Graphics and Design from the Whanganui School of design in 2007.
Up until recent years her work has been primarily comic based. Recently she has changed her style to work with children’s literature. Working on and off as a freelance Illustrator she has had numerous clients over the years ranging from Illicit Streetwear in Auckland and DNA in Wellington to many private clients overseas.
Most of her work is created digitally with photoshop and a wacom tablet but she is not a stranger to watercolours and ink.
Here is a list of some of Rachel’s achievements:
- 2010 Solo Art Show at the Pixal Ink Gallery, Wellington
- 2009 Published in Gothology (a book), America
- 2009 Work displayed at Thistle Hall, Wellington
- 2009 Work displayed at Roar Gallery, Wellington
- 2008 Work displayed at the Manky Chops Studio, Wellington
- 2008 Work displayed in the Compound Gallery, America
- 2008 Work displayed at Eye Ball Kicks Gallery, Wellington
- 2007 Work Displayed in the 696 Gallery Melbourne, Australia
- 2007 Big Day Out poster signing with Illicit Street Wear
- 2006 First solo art show at the Missing Link Gallery, New Plymouth
- 2006 Work displayed in Auckland Illicit Street Wear Store
- 2005 Front cover of the Wellington Capital Times
- 2005 Publication in Loop Magazine
- 2005 Publication in Vice Magazine
Home | About | News | Workshops | Contact | www.illustration.co.nz | Email Contact
Sandra Morris Illustration Agency Ltd Phone: +64 9 623 1224
© Copyright 2009 All images on the website are protected by NZ and International Copyright laws. Please contact Sandra Morris Illustration Agency if you wish to use any of the illustrations.
Website Redeye Media