Malene Reynolds Laugesen was born in Denmark where she attended the Danish School of Design. She began her professional career working in animation and later established herself as a freelance illustrator.
She has illustrated numerous books in her native Denmark and for the US market as well as doing Art Direction and Design for animation.
She moved to New Zealand in 2008 where she now lives with her husband and two children. After the Christchurch earthquake in 2011 while continuing to work with illustration, she also began painting and exhibiting. Malene draws much of her inspiration from fairy tales, dreams, the old architecture of Europe and the amazing nature of her new home, New Zealand.
Published titles include:
- Flying Solo, Roaring Brook Press 2013
- Havkongens Have (The Sea King's Garden), Rosinante & Co. 2011
- The Princess Gown, Houghton Mifflin 2008
- Moerkebarnet (The Shadow Child), Sesam 2006
- The Nightingale, Egmont, Funtastic 2005
- The Emperors new Clothes and The Princess on the Pea, Egmont, Funtastic 2005
- The Ugly Duckling, Egmont, Funtastic 2005
- The Tinderbox, Egmont, Funtastic 2005
- The Little Match Girl and The Swineherd, Egmont, Funtastic 2005
- The Tin Soldier and Clod Hans, Egmont, Funtastic 2005
- The Shepherdess and the Chimneysweep, Egmont, Funtastic 2005
- The Flying Trunk, Egmont, Funtastic 2005
- Mama went to Jail for the Vote, Hyperion Books 2004
Art work published in Spectrum Fantastic Art
Art Direction and Design:
- The Fairytaler TV series
- LEGO Lord of the Rings webisodes
- Christchurch Art Show
- Bryce Gallery
- Art Box Gallery
- Nelson Art Expo
- Arts in Oxford Gallery
- Absolution Gallery
Home | About | News | Workshops | Contact | www.illustration.co.nz | Email Contact
Sandra Morris Illustration Agency Ltd Phone: +64 9 623 1224
© Copyright 2009 All images on the website are protected by NZ and International Copyright laws. Please contact Sandra Morris Illustration Agency if you wish to use any of the illustrations.
Website Redeye Media